May 11, 2008

Yam's Article Published in Big C Magazine

I received a package through the mail last Friday. Upon receipt, I knew from my heart what was inside and that I had been expecting this. Within my expectation is something that could have changed due to a recent event.

Opening the package and going through its contents brought me a pleasant surprise and a deep feeling of elation - one that made my day and many days to come. It was a copy of the April-June 2008 issue of the Big C Magazine, a three-time CMMA award-winning magazine about cancer, and in it is Yam's article on her journey with leukemia. She submitted the article mid-February, shortly before we brought her to Asian Hospital for check-up. On the cover is Toti Fuentes, a well known singer, composer and musical director.

Both Toti and Yam have things in common. They are both in the magazine because they had cancer. And they both passed away before the magazine came out, leaving behind them volumes of fond memories to loved ones and to many others

To access Yam's article, click HERE.


No comments: