May 23, 2007

Letters From Friends (May 2006)

16 May 2006

Dear Junie,

I will never forget how you wrote to me and Ruben words of encouragement and prayers when I went through breast cancer in 2004. Please do not feel that you are bothering us when it comes to events like this. You will NEVER be a burden in any way to us.

I printed your letter and will give it to Ruben when he comes home tonight. He will be home by midnight (noon your time). Can you please give me a phone number where we can reach you? I know he would want to talk to you too.

I will include Yam in my prayers. Meantime, hang in there. God works in very mysterious ways and I am one proof of His endless mercies.

Always,

Tata

--------
29 May 2006

dear junie,

I am saddened to learn that your daughter, yam, has AML. It makes me more appreciative of my daughter's good health despite being hard-headed (pero mas matigas ang ulo ko nung teen-ager ako siempre). The bright side of it is there are a lot of advances in the medicine and a lot of these cancers have good responses to treatment now, some can even be cured!

We will be praying for her recovery, junie. If there is anything we can do to help (at the very least, moral support), tell us brod.

raul


30 May 2006 06:08

Junie,

No need to apologize. I know you were on your way out. Actually also had to sign off right after i sent the text.

I will forward your email to my sister, just in case you need additional consultants.

I first heard the news from Glenn last Sunday while at the PSHS golf tournament organized by Gen. Esperon. Glenn however was not sure of the situation, just that Yama was scheduled for chemo. Then yesterday, your son's friend Diego Rimando texted me from Baguio that Yama was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia, and that's when I texted you.

Let's all pray together...as you may know, my sister Mianne underwent chemo 12 years ago for cancer and has been in remission ever since. Our Lord is merciful.

Have a safe trip Junie!

Danny

No comments: